PART WAY THERE...






There is something to be said for peace and quiet.  After sitting on the tarmac,  waiting for our gate to be available st Newark's Liberty Airport,  I retrieved my checked luggage,  which UNITED refused to check through to Delhi. After taking the train two terminals away,  going up to the ticketing area and re- checking my bag,  I decided to venture to the UNITED CLUB.

I was able to purchase a one-day pass and the price was entirely worth it.  There is a slight din of activity,  people moving about to find comfortable chairs or a charming station or to grab a libation at the bar.  All the time,  travelers speaking in hushed tones.  

Stepping away from the noise and the nonsense of world events,  I found an oasis where I can restore myself,  recharge my inner battery and to draw in a few quiet breaths and exhale almost imperceptibly.

I highly recommend pausing for a while along your journey.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If it's TUesday, it must be Kathmandu!

Meeting with UNICEF officials

HAPPY REPUBLIC DAY